FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Halloween Framed Welcome

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Halloween Framed Welcome


Halloween Frame Welcome Sign
Halloween Welcome Sign with Bow

When I saw this Halloween Welcome Sign on DIY Network, I wanted to make one myself.  I found a picture frame at a thrift store for 50 cents. I removed the glass and I sprayed the frame with black Rustoleum spray paint. 

Once it was dry, I added gold tacks(had a jar full of them)  around the back of the frame approximately every 3 - 4 inches. I left 1/4 - 1/2 inches of the nail sticking up from the frame. 


Next I headed to A. C. Moore for some yarn, since I didn't have the colors I wanted at home. I found these for $1 each. 

yarn for welcome sign
Yarn for welcome sign

I put the black on first since I wanted to create the dark "web" look in front. Next I added the white web looking yarn. Finally I added some yellow. I added some additional black for more depth. Here is the backside of the frame.

yarn back of welcome sign, halloween welcome sign back
Yarn Back of Frame


While I was at A. C. Moore, I found wooden letters that I could use for "welcome". I thought it would be great to mix black and white letters. So I alternated the two colors and liked the look. I glued them to the yarn with a glue gun.

Halloween Welcome Sign, halloween decor
Halloween Welcome Sign

I added some black spiders to the yarn. I used some fishing line to make a hanger on the back.   When my husband come home from work, he wondered why I put up a sign that said ECM. 

Up close it looked good, but move back, and it just didn't work. I painted all of the black letters with white paint and added some orange bugs and a skeleton for more color. I also added a Halloween bow. Much better!
Halloween Welcome Sign, halloween decor, halloween bow
Halloween Framed Welcome Sign







No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...