FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Making the bathroom shine! Cleaning Tips!

Monday, September 2, 2013

Making the bathroom shine! Cleaning Tips!

It is hard to believe that it is September and fall will be here soon. This is especially true here in LA as the temperature has been in the 100's since I arrived. Now that is hot!

My daughter is actually outside LA near Burbank. You may know if you follow me that she just moved here. She was staying at a friends home while the hardwood floors were being refinished. Last Friday(week from Friday) was the first night that she actually stayed in the house when I arrived. Boxes were everywhere but we did have beds. Finding towels the next morning was something else!

It has been cleaning, painting and shopping. The house is coming together nicely. We only have two more boxes to unpack and we will be done.  Hooray!

I wanted to share with you two cleaning tips for the bathroom. The first is how to clean "scum" off the end of the shower head. Sometimes the holes can get clogged especially if you have hard water causing not all of the holes to be functioning. The easiest way to clean it is to put some CLR (which is what I had on hand) or Lime Away into a baggie. Take the baggie and put it over the end of the shower head. Tie it on with a twist tie or other material to hold it in place.
Eclectic Red Barn: Cleaning shower head with CLR
I left it on over night but it really doesn't need to be on that long. It would depend on how bad it is. I also did this with the sprayer in the kitchen sink. The next day when I removed the baggie, it was so clean.

The other cleaning tip has to do with the shower walls. I scrubbed them down and they looked good. Now to protect them. I bought some car wax. It really doesn't matter the brand. I picked up Turtle Wax since it was cheaper.
Eclectic Red Barn: Cleaning shower walls with car wax

Then I sprayed all the walls in the shower with it. I wiped them all down and then buffed it. The wax takes away water marks and makes all of the tile shine. It felt like silk when I was done cleaning them and boy did they shine. I even put some on the fixtures although I usually put WD-40 on these. You can check out my post on using WD-40 here if you missed it.

Eclectic Red Barn: Cleaned shower walls with Turtle wax
You can see the light reflecting off the tile. I try to do this once or twice a year. Everyday after my shower, I spray the shower with a shower cleaner to keep it clean. I have not used car wax on tumbled tile. Need to try this next, but it should work. 

You can also find more "Bathroom Cleaning Tips" and a complete guide to cleaning your bathroom at Home Viable

Well, it is Labor Day and we are "laboring"! Hope your day is relaxing and enjoyable with family and friends. We are going to a cookout later after the labor! :)

Linking to these parties:
Inspire Me MondayPractically Functional Link Party

9 comments :

  1. Live a cleaner healthier life!
    http://www.careeropportunitiesnow.info/About-Us.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all need to live a cleaner and healthier life! Eliminating all the toxins in your home has never been easier and more affordable! http://www.careeropportunitiesnow.info/About-Us.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. it sounds like you are an expert cleaner. Wanna come and clean my house?....lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. I've never thought of that before.
    Thanks for sharing with us at our Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop.
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. I've never thought of that before.
    Thanks for sharing with us at our Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop.
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks awesome. I've never thought of using Turtle wax for this.
    Thanks for sharing at our Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop.
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tips, I have used 'vinegar mixed with water' to clean the shower head and it worked. Thanks also for partying with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't heard of the wax tip before but definitely will try it. I've used lemon furniture oil on not only the shower tile but in the sinks too. It helps keep soap scum down. Thanks for linking up at My Favorite Posts Show Off Weekend Party! Hope to see you again next week.

    Michelle @ On A Wing And A Prayer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing! This article is really helpful and informative.


    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...