FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Side Table Makeover

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Side Table Makeover

My daughter and I were out treasure hunting when we came upon this little side table. It needed some love but I liked the fact that it looked like a mini vintage fridge. At $12 it was a no brainer.
Eclectic Red Barn: While painted side table redo
That is not how it looked when I bought it however. It was solid but banged up.

The top looked like it had really been abused and the sides were scratched, but all of the hardware was there.
Eclectic Red Barn: Side table that needs work

Eclectic Red Barn: Side table that needs work
Eclectic Red Barn: Side table that needs work
The first thing I did was to remove the hardware. They were all solid brass so I got out the Bar Keepers, you might remember I posted about how much I love this stuff. Well, it cleaned the hardware like new.
Eclectic Red Barn: Hardware cleaned with Barkeepers I painted the piece with Ce Ce Caldwell's Vintage White paint and then distressed it .
I love how it turned out. It is now the side table in my blue room. 
Eclectic Red Barn:White vintage fridge side table

               I made the dresser scarf from vintage doilies.
Eclectic Red Barn: White side table with vntage doilies

I still need to find the right lamp for it or maybe update the lamp shade.

Here is the before and after pictures of this side table.
Eclectic Red Barn: Before and after painted vintage fridge side table
 I always enjoy redoing furniture, and I really loved this one.




featured at katherines corner

The post  Side Table Makeover first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.

Linking to these parties:
 That DIY Party link party at diyshowoff.comItsOverflowing{nifty button}NEWDIYLargeButtonThe Chicken ChickInspire Me MondayThursday Favorite Things ButtonCreativity Unleashed link party!PhotobucketToo Much Time On My HandsTGC-DIY-740x400imageFunky_Junk's_Party_Junk_link_party_150Say G'Day SaturdayGod’s Growing Garden..Twigg studiosA Stroll Thru Life>Dwellings-the Heart of You HomeProject Inspire{d} Link PartyIvy and Elephants31 Days to Slash Your Budget PainlesslyWhat did you makePhotobucketDagmar's Home Thrifty and Vintage link party featuredmy link party 2502013 Shab Friday logoRooted In ThymeThe Dedicated House

1 comment :

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...