FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Quick and Easy Fall Centerpiece

Monday, November 17, 2014

Quick and Easy Fall Centerpiece

I love to have something small on my kitchen table for the holidays. After Halloween, I knew it would not be long before I put something for Christmas there so it had to be quick and easy. This little pumpkin base was perfect for my boy and girl scarecrows.
Eclectic Red Barn: Fall Centerpiece


I found these scarecrows a number of years ago. I fell in love with them. You may remember the salt and pepper shakers I painted last year here.  
Eclectic Red Barn: Ceramic Boy and Girl Scarecrows


Now for the pumpkin base. I used some framing foam core for this, but you could use cardboard. 

I drew a pumpkin free hand and then cut it out.
Eclectic Red Barn: Drawn pumpkin

Eclectic Red Barn: Cut out pumpkin
Now to cover it. I had some fall fabric left from another project. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Fall fabric
I cut the fabric slightly larger than my cut out pumpkin. I  placed the cut out pumpkin fabric down with the wrong side facing up.I sprayed the cut out pumpkin with spray adhesive.
Eclectic Red Barn: Spray adhesive
I placed the pumpkin (with the spray adhesive) down on the fabric.
Eclectic Red Barn: Gluing cardboard to fabric
I smoothed out the fabric on the front. Then I turned it to the back and added some glue to hold the edges down as I folded them over. I had to clip some of the edges especially around the stem. Here it is finished.
Eclectic Red Barn: Gluing cardboard to fabric
You could used any type of fabric for your pumpkin.Maybe even something for Halloween - next year. You could even add some felt to the back. I am thinking of ideas for next year.
Eclectic Red Barn: Front of  fabric
I placed it on my table and added my turkeys and scarecrows. 

Eclectic Red Barn: Fabric pumpkin with scarecrows and painted shakers
This was such a fast and easy decoration to make. I bet the kids would like to help with this - change the fabric and add faces or turkey feathers.

The post Quick and Easy Fall Centerpiece first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.

Linking to these parties:
Inspire-Me-Monday4_thumb.jpgThe Kim Six FixGrab button for GREEN wILLOW PONDHouse on the WayCraft Frenzy Friday







No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...