FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Globe Light as Path Light Cover

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Globe Light as Path Light Cover

Old globe lights make great path light covers. Instead of having ordinary path lights at night, I thought I would make something a little more exciting. How about this for a path light?
globe light cover for solar light


I cheated some since I used the base of the path light and just added a new top.

globe light
You can find these lamp shades at thrift stores and sometimes at garage sales. I picked this one up for 99 cents. It doesn't matter if there is a pattern on it, since the decorative stones will cover it.

Gather up whatever  you would like to cover your globe with. I used decorative stones that I had on hand.
globe light and decorative stones
I used Tacky glue since I had it already, but you could use anything that sets up rather soon. I had hoped this project would be done in one evening, however, it took me several days. Not because it was hard, but because it took time for the stones to dry before adding more. Otherwise they start to slide down.
adding stones to globe light
I started at the bottom and put a row around the base. The second layer kept sliding down so I had to hold them. I think there is an outdoor chalking that you can also use. I want to try that next time.

I would tilt the globe back so they would stay in place and then add some more stones.
stones on globe light
I did sections at a time and that seemed to work. Finally, it was fully filled in.
globe light covered in stones
At night it lights up and looks great. It was a great way to use up some glass stones. 

I only created one for now and when I find more globes, I can cover the other three path lights in the side garden.
Sometimes you can pick up stones at flea markets and yard sales. Not sure of total cost since I already had the stones. With coupons you can get decorative stones rather cheaply at craft stores. The Dollar Tree also carries them.

It is decorative during the day and colorful at night.
decorative solar light cover

Here it is at night. Sorry the picture is not very good.

globe at night


Linking to these parties:
 300px+turn+it+up+button+copyGod’s Growing Gardenhandmade hangout- logo with hostesses TMTOMHCreativity Unleashed link party! Sundays Down Under #linkyparty @ Natasha in Oz

7 comments :

  1. Do these hold together well in rain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Path Light Cover!!! Thanks for sharing gorgeous Path Light Cover. I think I'am going to be on the look out for more of these attractive Path Light Cover yself.

    Visiting from Solar Walkway Lights Outdoor Waterproof Bright

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dear,

    i Like Your Blog Very Much..I see Daily Your Blog ,is A Very Useful For me.

    Solar Path LightsAmazon.com: Sogrand Solar Lights Outdoor Pathway Decorative Garden Stake Light Decorations Waterproof Bright Warm White LED 15 Lumen 2018 of The Day For Outside Landscape Walkway Yard 6Pack: Garden & Outdoor.

    Visit site :- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DJNH52Y

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm so looking forward to trying this! In curious though about how it holds up. I live in SC so we have tons of sun and it rains a lot. Does the glue you used hold up well? Did you seal it at all?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Dear,

    The blog was absolutely fantastic! Lot of great information which can be helpful in some or the other way.

    Get the best deal on solar lights outdoor, outdoor solar lights, outdoor garage lights, door lights, solar wall lights, solar deck lights, solar fence lights, solar step lights & solar stair lights at amazon.com from great selection at Sogrand Industry Inc Store.

    Visit us:- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CWG6XM8

    Sogrand Industry,Inc,15 Years Solar Light Manufacturer Directly Sells on Amazon.

    Best Solar Lights Collection Storefront: https://www.amazon.com/shops/sogrand

    ReplyDelete
  6. While most garage door lights offer basic illumination, a dedicated LED garage lights is a better choice since most options come with multiple lights and adjustable casings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever idea. Who would have thought that an old lampshade and decorative stones would create a lovely path of light. However, if you are looking for the best way to decorate your garden or walkway, consider investing in solar pathway lights. They provide ample illumination and are water-resistant and dust-tight, making them the perfect way to brighten your pathway.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...