FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Cooking for two - what to do with a loaf of bread?

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Cooking for two - what to do with a loaf of bread?

What do you do when there is only two of you and a loaf of  bread?

Do you ever have that problem? 
-  I used to put the remaining loaf in the freezer, but then I usually end up throwing it out later.

I hate wasting food, what about you?
 
So here is how I deal with a loaf of bread when there is only two of you.


Bought this loaf of bread at Walmart yesterday on their oops - made too much cart.  Only 30 cents! (You can use any type of bread) 
Eclectic Red Barn: Italian bread


Sliced it up into pieces.  
Eclectic Red Barn: Slice loaf of bread


Laid it on a tray and placed it in the freezer for about 5 minutes.
Eclectic Red Barn: Place sliced on pan


Placed the slices in freezer bags. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Place slices in freezer bag


Now for the best part:
- you want to make some garlic bread - pull out some slices
- you want to make French toast - pull out some slices
- you want to make regular toast - pull out some slices
- you can make bread crumbs - pull out some slices
Are you getting the idea - pull out some slices

This is also a great idea for camping. I put some slices in a freezer bag and when we are camping, I have bread for toast, French toast, garlic bread or what ever else I need bread for.

When cooking for two - that 30 cent loaf will last a long time and will not go to waste.You can cook for two, just be smart about it.


Linking to these parties:
 link party, link up, blog hopwow-me_thumb1_thumb1Talk of the Town Link Party with Knick of Time, My Salvaged Treasures, Beyond the Picket Fence, My Repurposed Life, Holy Craft, Love My Simple Home, and Sadie Seasongoods - Knick of Time.netYour Whims WednesdayFluster BusterNew Party Buttoncelebrate-your-story-link-party-march-2016The-Creative-Exchange-Link-PartyCreativity Unleashed link party every Thursday at 7pm ET!Home Matters Linky Party - Grab ButtonPhotobucketsilver_pennies_sundays18

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...