FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Yard sale finds - A $3 Day

Friday, November 11, 2016

Yard sale finds - A $3 Day

The weather has been so wonderful here in southern Florida - low 80's during the day and mid 60's at night. Great weather for anything, including going to garage sales. 

Sometimes you find great pieces and other times, it is just fun to be out. Last weekend, I got lucky. I picked up two pieces - an old ladder and an old ironing board.

Both pieces had a little story, mine not the piece.
I first went to one where the guy had a work shop and was selling lots of tools and garage stuff. They had roped off a section and someone said anything behind the rope was not for sale. This ladder was there.

Eclectic Red Barn: Old ladder with platform step
I fell in love with it, so I had to ask. To my surprise and pleasure, he said yes - $1. I grabbed it so fast, afraid someone else might get to it.
Eclectic Red Barn: Old ladder with platform step and curved top


You can tell that this ladder has seen lots of painting. I had other ideas in mine for it, because I thought it would not be sturdy. Boy, was I surprised. It's awesome. See how wide that second step is. I have been using it all week to paint and it is the best ladder we have.

Eclectic Red Barn: Old ladder with platform step
The top is curved so when you lean, you fit right into that curved part and it is so comfy.
It even has places where you can place some tools and your brush. Even my husband said "what a deal". He keeps trying to get it away from me. I have been trying to find the age of the ladder, but can't find the exact match. Has any one seen one similar to this?

The old wooden ironing board was a disaster. The boards were almost all NOT glued together. Cost - $2.
Eclectic Red Barn: Old ironing board
The only thing keeping them together were some small boards on the back.
Eclectic Red Barn: Old ironing board with rusty legs and loaded with straw
I think it had been stored in hay, since it was covered in hay pieces. You can see some in the picture above. 

Eclectic Red Barn: Old ironing board with rusty legs
All of the pieces are there and I think I can put it back together. I have wanted one for a welcome sign at my front door. This one is special, since it is smaller than others I have seen. You will see this one in a new post soon.


The post  Yard sale finds - A $3 Day first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.

Linking to these parties:
new-party-picPictureA Bouquet of Talent Linky Party ButtonShare the Joy every Monday at LizzieSomerset.comthe scoop #239- Get the best of home and garden bloggers all in one placeJoin the Project Inspired Link Party Mondays 8 PM ET at cupcakesandcrinoline.comMake Pretty Monday Week 198linkupTalk of the Town link party buttonYour Whims WednesdayShowTellx640Embracing Change Dagmar's Home Link Party, DagmarBleasale.com

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...