FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Love Cyrstal Chandeliers - Hate to Clean Them

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Love Cyrstal Chandeliers - Hate to Clean Them

Do you have crystal chandeliers? I have several. As I began to decorate for Christmas, I looked at my dining room chandelier and thought "oh yuck"! Way too much dust. They didn't even sparkle. Should have taken a picture when it was dirty. 

Someone posted awhile back about how to clean crystal chandeliers, but I forgot to save it so that was out. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Chandelier cleaned with lens cleaning towelettes
It is rather overcast today so I had the lights on.

I started by laying a towel down on the table so I could spray the crystals. This was NOT working. I needed something to get into the curves and groves of the piece. I  tried paper towels, not the tool for this. I went into the kitchen to see what else I had and there on the counter was a box of lens cleaning towelettes. Wonder if they would work? 

Opened one and began to clean. Wow, this was working great! These towelettes were small enough to get into all the grooves and shine up the crystals as well.
Eclectic Red Barn: Chandelier cleaned with lens cleaning towelettes
I was done in no time and it looked great. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Chandelier cleaned with lens cleaning towelettes
Here is a close up picture with the lights on. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Chandelier cleaned with lens cleaning towelettes
Looks clean, right? It only took 4 towelettes. Who would have thought that your eye glasses and your chandelier have something in common.


 
Linking to these parties:
  Fabuslously creative friday link ypartyPrototype MamaPractically Functional Link Party

7 comments :

  1. Thanks for sharing! I would have never thought of that either. Does make sence though....glasses are mostly glass as well as the chandalier. Looks great :)

    Have a blessed Thursday!
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Afternoon Bev, Well I shall certainly save this post, as I would not have thought of using glass cleaning towelettes to clean my chandeliers. You have a pretty chandelier and don't you just love it when you switch on the lights and the crystals sparkle and shine. They will look wonderful at Christmas time as well, when your Christmas lights twinkle.
    It is lovely catching up with you Bev.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  3. no crystal chandeliers here. If I had them believe me, they would be covered in dust...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Handy to know...I will be doing this with my chandeliers...ALL of them! Ugh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tip....love it! Thanks for sharing it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Information provided by you would help me to clean the chandelier .Thank you for providing this useful information.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well written article. It was awesome article to read. Complete rich content and fully informative. I am impressed by the details that you have shared in this post and It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. I would like to thanks for sharing this article here. Antique Lamp Shades.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...