FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Old Wine Box gets a Facelift

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Old Wine Box gets a Facelift

I have a strong love of boxes. It is hard for me to pass up any type of box at a flea market or garage sale. You can do so many things with them. So when I saw these boxes at a garage sale a few years ago, I had to get them. Of course the price - 50 cents each, was also a contributing factor. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Vintage Wine Box


My husband wanted them for some of his stuff, but he never really did anything with them so last week I confiscated them.
I converted the brown box into this one.
Eclectic Red Barn: Vintage Wine Box Updated
I started by clearing out the contents. These items actually came with the box, so you see my husband didn't really use them. They were great boxes, sturdy and with these nice latches.
Eclectic Red Barn: Inside Contents of  Wine Box
You can see some of the lettering in this box. It is a shame that it is so faint. I would have kept it that way. The wine was from Paris.
Eclectic Red Barn:  Wine Box Lettering

I painted the outside. I only did one box so far. I haven't decided what I want to do with the other one. 
Eclectic Red Barn:  Wine Box Painted
I decided to paint the inside of the box although I didn't take a picture of it. I wasn't sure what to put on the inside. I had bought some scripting paper from Hobby Lobby, so I put it on the top and the bottom.
Eclectic Red Barn:  Wine box with scripting paper
I liked this but wanted something else so I headed over to The Graphics Fairy. I found this Paris image and thought it would go well with my wine box.

I printed it out and then cut it out. I placed it over the scripting paper and applied Modge Podge to seal it.
Eclectic Red Barn:  Wine box with Paris graphic overlay
Here is the completed inside.
Eclectic Red Barn: Inside of  Wine box with Paris graphic
I liked the green color but the box still needed something.
Eclectic Red Barn: Green Wine Box
I had this piece that I got from my neighbor's crib. She was throwing it away so I took crib and took off the decorative items.
Eclectic Red Barn: Emblem from a crib
It was green so I brushed on some white, and then rubbed it off. I glued it to the top of the box.
Eclectic Red Barn: Wine box completed
Now I have this great box that I can fill with ??????? Maybe I am as bad as my husband! No, I will use it in my barn to hold supplies. Maybe I should use it to hold my wine corks!

Rooted In Thyme
Linking to these parties:
Inspire Me MondayMonday Funday Link Party at thatswhatchesaid.netbig inspiration monday photo ThisMommasMeanderingMondays_zps5366bef9.jpgFour fab blogs one great partyPhotobucketthursday favorite things blog hopMod Vintage Life

4 comments :

  1. So cute! You could use it to hold cards, recipets, pictures or letters...it would be lively as a display of some kind.

    Happy Monday!
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything wood catches my eye at thrift stores and yard sales. I would have snagged these up too, they're great. I really like what you did with this one. It looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some boxes that need the eclectic red barn treatment!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. O My! What a great transformation! i LOVE it!!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...