FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Pineapple Mango Salsa

Friday, June 27, 2014

Pineapple Mango Salsa

Yikes, the mangoes have been coming fast and plentiful. I have been making lots of recipes, but it seems I have no time to post. Too many mangoes to cut up! We are getting around 40 per day!

The first thing I had to make was salsa. We love our salsas and mango is my favorite. I was so lucky that one of our pineapples was also ripe. It is so wonderful to make fresh food from your own fruits. It doesn't get any better than that.
Eclectic Red Barn:  Mango Pineapple Salsa

The hardest part of making salsa is cutting all the vegetables and fruit into small pieces. We don't like large chunks. 
Eclectic Red Barn:  Mango Pineapple Salsa
Most of the recipes are about the same: fruit, onion, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno pepper. 

This one is very simple as well, except that I didn't add the jalapeno pepper. Sometimes my stomach just doesn't like spicy foods and lately that has been the case. Honestly, we didn't miss it.

The pineapple was so sweet and just made the salsa even better. I was eating as much as I was putting in the salsa. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Pineapple mango salsa
We had these whole wheat scoops and they were nice to scoop up the salsa. 

I don't think making salsa is an exact science. I just add and taste until it is good. Therefore, these measurements are not exact.

Recipe:
Pineapple/Mango Salsa
Eclectic Red Barn: Pineapple mango salsa






 
Ingredients:
1 mango, peeled and diced (1 cup)
1 pineapple, peeled and diced (1 cup) 
1/3 cup onion (a little more or less)
1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper(optional)
Zest from one lime 
Juice from one lime
Salt and pepper
1 -2 Tablespoons of cilantro 

Directions:
Place diced mango, pineapple and onion in a bowl. Add the lime zest and juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and refrigerate for a few hours to let all of the juices blend together. If you can wait that long :)



The post Pineapple Mango Salsa first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.

Sharing at these parties:
 photo ftfhopbutton.jpgSerenity Saturday Link PartyParty with Us{nifty button}NEWDIYLargeButtonThe Chicken ChickCherished Handmade TreasuresInspire Me MondayItsOverflowing photo TreasureBoxTuesday325-1.jpgInspire Me Wednesday Link PartyInspire Us Thursday at Organized 31

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...