FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Valentine Bathroom

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Valentine Bathroom

With Valentine's Day only a few weeks away, I have seen so many wonderful Valentine treats being shared. Well, this is NOT one of those. I worked on a towel rack for my bathroom - Valentine's Day style.
Eclectic Red Barn: Valentine's Day Bathroom Window

Several years ago I found this window in Vermont. It is not very old, but it is wooden and the right size for my bathroom.
 Eclectic Red Barn: Valentine's Day Bathroom Window and Rod I removed the glass and cleaned it up. I did paint it because it was green. I found some old vintage post cards that would work and then framed them. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Vintage Post Card
I decided to use ribbon to hang them on the window. I found this purple/pick ribbon and attached it to the back of the frames.

Now to hang them. I had these knobs from a dresser that was my son's when he was little so I used them to hold the ribbon. I simply drilled holes in the window and then screwed the knobs into the window.
Eclectic Red Barn: VintageValentine's Post Card

Here is the last Valentine I used. Old post cards are so beautiful. Now it was time for the actual towel rack. I found these old glass towel racks years ago and knew I wanted one in my bathroom. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Old window  as towel rack
I did nothing to the rack but clean it. I left the ends as they were. Kind of a rusty metal.
Eclectic Red Barn: Vintage Glass Towel Rod
This was a simple decor to create and it was inexpensive. The window, the glass rod and the knobs were free and the Valentine's cards and ribbon I already had. If you don't have any vintage Valentine's post cards you can down some cute ones online. Know one will know they are paper. Other rod types could be used instead of the glass ones.

I did my own framing, but you can find cheap small frames to use. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Valentine's Day Towel Rack
I love the new Valentine window in my bathroom. I can easily change the post cards out, but I really like these Valentine ones, so they will stay for awhile.

The post Valentine Bathroom first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn

Linking to these parties:
blog hop, link partyWIW_LogoFrom My Front Porch To Yours-Treasure Hunt ThursdayJoin Us for Share Your CupCreate It Thursday #143 (Plus Features)A Bouquet of Talent Linky Party ButtonEmbracing Change That DIY Party @diyshowoff.comInspire Me MondaySilver_Pennies_Sundays_logo





No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...